Thank you for your interest in employment at Zenith Firearms. Please submit your resume and cover letter, explaining your skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zenith Firearms is seeking a positive, energetic, experienced and knowledgeable professional with demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative and high-performance environment.
This is an apprentice position that reports to the Master Armorer for Zenith Firearms, and will play a key role in the growth of the company. A full-time position may be available at the completion of the apprenticeship. The firearms welder will conduct all welding within the Zenith Firearms Custom/Repair Shop in order to customize and repair weapons for research and development purposes and customer needs. Additionally, training will be provided to equip the hire to serve as a firearms armorer across the full range of Zenith Firearms products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides TIG welding in order to increase the shop’s ability to repair, modify and build weapons.
- Maintains and repairs firearms.
- Provides timely and accurate information in response to incoming customer concerns and product knowledge requests.
- Works closely with the customer service department to resolve customer concerns and effect warranty repairs and replacements.
- Inspects all incoming imports for adherence to product specifications and excellence.
- Completes custom modifications, including DuraCoat refinishing and other Custom Shop projects.
- Orders gunsmithing, welding and refinishing supplies.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and performance standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Makes recommendations to provide constant improvement to the operations conducted within the Zenith Firearms Custom/Repair Shop.
- Enhances team and organization reputation by accepting responsibility for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains and furthers professional knowledge and competence by participating in educational opportunities and in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other company tasks as needed.
Candidates should be strong communicators who think creatively, are detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines. They should thrive in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills. They should be able to operate both as an individual and as part of a team. Besides these general skills, they should possess on the following:
- Certification or excellent proficiency in TIG and MIG welding.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Proficiency in reading engineering plans and blueprints.
- Familiarity with tooling for manufacturing and production.
- In-depth product knowledge.
- Technical excellence
- Customer focus.
- Problem solving/analysis skills.
- Time management aptitude.
- Teamwork orientation.
Work Location: Zenith Firearms, 10517 Critzer Shop Road, Afton, Virginia 22920
Working Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Travel: Occasional to trade shows and marketing events