Thank you for your interest in employment at Zenith Firearms. Please submit your resume and cover letter, explaining your skills and experience to: email@example.com.
Zenith Quest Corporation is seeking a positive, energetic, experienced and knowledgeable professional with demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative and high-performance environment in order to lead the marketing department.
This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer and will play a key role in the growth of the company. The marketing director is the creative lead for advertising and marketing, working with designers, videographers, photographers, editors, copywriters and sales members to create a vision for products sold. The marketing director will plan advertising, oversee the creative process and give guidance and work direction to the team; produce promotional materials by developing basic presentation approaches; direct layout, design, filming, editing, copy writing and web design; determine and monitor production schedule in order to accomplish the mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Develops basic presentation approaches by reviewing materials and information presented by the executive team.
- Determines production requirements by reviewing team requirements; considering scheduling factors.
- Determines production schedule by conferring with team on art (web design, photography, videography, graphic design), editing, copy writing, and production; outlining basic presentation concepts; coordinating creative activities.
- Determines project content by reviewing and approving art and copy materials developed by staff.
- Supervises management of the company websites and social media program.
- Obtains executive approval by presenting final layouts to team.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to art, copy writing, and production processes.
- Enhances team and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develops marketing strategies by examining team objectives; planning, scheduling, and supervising completion of design and production requirements for direct marketing, web-marketing, and advertising.
- Keeps team informed by compiling, analyzing, and reporting marketing results; forwarding plan projections and updates.
- Revises marketing plan by analyzing campaign results; identifying expansion opportunities.
- Monitors marketing mix and results by coordinating tracking actions with team.
- Improves marketing quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing creative processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Candidates should be strong communicators, who think creatively, are detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines. They should thrive in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills. They should take a customer-driven approach to managing creation of marketing and advertising materials. Besides these general skills, they should be able to focus on the following:
- Understanding trends within the scope of the defense/firearms industry.
- Presenting concept visualization through sketches, drawings and illustrations.
- Overseeing design changes and improvements throughout the development process.
- Integrating technical and visual solutions into a design concept.
- Understanding trends within the scope of the firearms industry.
- Using graphic design and other relevant software (Microsoft applications).
Work Location: Zenith Firearms, 10517 Critzer Shop Road, Afton, Virginia 22920
Working Hours : 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, occasional weekend requirements
Travel: Occasional to trade shows and marketing events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- firearms and/or defense industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Afton, VA (Required)