ZENITH MAP PRICING
Statement of Policy: Zenith has made this MAP to protect the brand investment of all companies (including Zenith, all distributors, and all retailers, collectively hereinafter, “SELLER”) selling Zenith firearms to consumers. All SELLERS of Zenith firearms have an interest in maintaining a good brand reputation for Zenith firearms by promoting their quality and value through consistent advertising.
Zenith commits and requires the following:
- Current MAP Prices: Zenith will maintain a list of all firearms and their MAP prices. SELLERS must keep an updated list of MAP prices.
- No Advertising below MAP Price: Any SELLER must not advertise a price less than the MAP price for a Zenith firearm. Such advertising covers all:
- (a) print media (flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, billboards, paid advertising, mail order catalogs);
- (b) electronic media (Internet, Apps, texts, websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and electronic signage);
- (c) website features (“Click for price,” automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features); and
- (d) on-line auctions (“buy it now,” “reserve” or “opening bids” cannot advertise a price that is less than MAP price).
- No Circumventing MAP Through Product Bundling: Where Zenith Product(s) is/are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by Zenith), SELLERS must not sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the total MAP price of the Zenith product or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy. It shall be a violation of this MAP Policy if Product(s) is/are advertised as a bundle or a package that includes products not pre-approved by Zenith. Pre-approved products have been tested and approved by Zenith engineers to ensure the product is up to Zenith standards. Ask your Zenith sales representative for a list of approved products.
- No Circumventing MAP Through Group Sales: SELLERS must not circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy by advertising group purchases, group discounts, and the like.
- No Circumventing Through Additional Discounts: SELLERS must not advertise any additional discount, coupon, gift card, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction or a reduction on future purchases (regardless of whether the future purchase is a Zenith product), where the cumulative effect would be to advertise a reduce price of any MAP Product below MAP.
The following are not a MAP violation:
- General Price Advertising: Any advertising in general whereby a company states that it has “the lowest prices,” offers to match or beat its competitors’ prices, or uses similar phrases; provided, however, that the company does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- Zenith-Authorized Price Reduction: Zenith may modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the specific products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice of such change to SELLERS that ZENITH has on file.
- Manufacture Rebate: ZENITH may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (c) the “*After manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product
- Customer-Initiated Price Request: It is not a violation of MAP to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Zenith Products, so long as no price is listed. Also, the MAP policy does not apply to online sales once the customer is on the “check-out page” of SELLER.
Unilateral and enforceable MAP policy: Zenith does not need or accept the ascent or agreement from any distributor or retailer of Zenith firearms, either now or in the future to establish and enforce this MAP policy. This is a unilateral policy, not subject to negotiation, and Zenith will use all legal means necessary to enforce it. Zenith requires all SELLERS to avoid obstructing, delaying or otherwise failing to cooperate with any investigation of MAP violations. Furthermore, it is in the sole discretion of Zenith to determine whether a violation of this MAP policy has occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.