Purchasing a firearm online is easy as long as you follow these steps.
Please read these important guidelines before purchasing. You will be prompted at the bottom to state that you have read and understand these guidelines. This is to make your purchase process smoothly.
The 7 Simple Steps to Online Purchasing
- Select your item and click “BUY” to add it to the cart. If buying a firearm, please be sure you reviewed all of the information prior to finalizing the order, especially if your City/State allows ownership of what you ordered.
- If buying a firearm you must know your FFL dealers information prior to ordering. This FFL dealer must send us their FFL with your name and order number written on it so we can verify their status. This is required for all firearm purchases.
- Select your payment option. You pay Zenith directly for the firearm or accessories by placing the order via the Internet site. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and debit cards. Please see below for other payment options.
- Orders must be placed using our on-line shopping cart system so they can be recorded and tracked automatically
- Carefully fill in the billing and customer information.
- Carefully fill in the shipping address information. Please note:
- Non-Firearm shipments can be shipped directly to your house or preferred delivery address, as long as the item is legal to possess in your City/State. Be sure it is legal to possess!
- Ammunition shipments can be shipped directly to your house or preferred delivery address.
- Firearms shipments cannot be sent directly to your home. We can ship to a local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store has an FFL license, but they may charge you a transfer fee. IMPORTANT– you need to know your FFL information prior to ordering. Stop here if you don’t have that information.
- Review and confirm your order. You can add additional items at any time while viewing your shopping cart. Once finished you can print your receipt if you desire.
- Once you have filled in all the prompted information we will receive your order automatically and will begin processing your order. You will receive and email or phone update once processed.
- Standby to enjoy your new gear!
Other Important Notes
- Firearms orders are sent “Signature Required” to verify delivery. Someone will need to be present to sign for the package. Any items that are returned to us because of lack of signature will initiate charging a restocking fee of $20 plus shipping.
- We cannot contact or arrange transfers with dealers. This is solely the customer’s responsibility.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to verify that the item is legal in your state BEFORE placing the order.
- If you purchase a firearm and other items on the same order the entire order will ship to the FFL, we cannot split shipments.
Important Magazines Restriction Notice
Many City and States have restrictions on magazine capacity. We do not purport the below list to be fully accurate and post it as a convenience. Be sure to double-check your City and State prior to ordering.
Note: We cannot ship magazines to any state/city address that it would be illegal, nor can we alter or customize magazines.
If you live in a magazine restricted state and the magazine that comes with the firearm would be illegal, UNLESS PREVIOUSLY ARRANGED, we will remove the magazine from the order and ship the firearm to your FFL dealer without any magazines. Contact us for assistance.
Partial List of City and State Magazine Restrictions
California: No magazines over 10 rounds. (Also, the firearms must necessitate the use of two hands to remove any magazine).
Colorado: No shotgun magazines over 8 rounds. No other magazines over 15 rounds.
District of Columbia: No magazines over 10 rounds.
Hawaii: No pistol magazines over 10 rounds.
Illinois: No magazines over 12 rounds to Chicago, IL.
No magazines over 15 rounds to Aurora, IL.
No magazines over 16 rounds to Franklin Park, IL.
No magazines over 10 rounds to Oak Park, IL.
No magazines over 35 rounds to Riverdale, IL.
Maryland: No magazines over 10 rounds.
Massachusetts: No magazines over 10 rounds.
New Jersey: No magazines over 15 rounds.
New York: No magazines over 10 rounds.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards and Gift Cards. Your card will be charged at the time you place the order. There are no delayed billing options.
- Certified Check or Money Orders may be mailed in. No personal, company checks, or COD are accepted for payment.
- Fax checks or wire transfers accepted.
Once you choose a payment option we cannot switch it.
For Certified Checks payment must be received within 7 days of order placement or the order will be cancelled.
Once an order is processed the firearm is pulled from stock, a serial number is assigned for the order and the Firearm is packaged for shipping, therefore any canceled orders will incur a $20 cancellation and restocking charge even if they have not shipped.
Your payment will be refunded minus this restocking fee.
We need to receive the FFL for your order within 5 days of order completion. It is best to have that information when you place your order. After 10 days if we have not received the FFL from the transfer dealer, your order will be cancelled and the $20 restocking fee charged.
If your order has shipped out and you change your mind you will be responsible for shipping both ways and pay the $20 restocking fee.
There is no state sales tax for orders outside of Virginia.
Prices are subject to change. By placing an order you are locking in the price the day you place your order. If the prices goes up—or down—you are agreeing to the price on day of the order. We do not offer refunds if the prices change the day after you place and order.
Discounts and Coupons
The customer must apply any coupons or discounts at the time of the order. We cannot apply discounts retroactively after your order has been placed.
Zenith Firearms uses UPS Shipping exclusively.
Rifles and shotguns shipped within the Continental US – $15
Rifles and shotguns to Alaska or Hawaii- $50
Pistols shipped within the Continental US – $15
Pistols shipped to Alaska and Hawaii- $50
Ammunition ship rates vary.
We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Shipping options are listed in the orderings section.
All orders are processed within 72 hours except out of stock items.
All pistol orders ship second day air.
All rifle and shotgun orders ship ground and deliver in 3-5 days.
All parts/accessories ship USPS Priority Mail and deliver in 2-3 days.
NOTE: combined orders ship highest priority due to firearm included.
We will email you from the shipping web site with tracking details. Please be sure to check your spam filter before calling for confirmation.
Please inspect your order as soon as it arrives. If you have a problem with the order, quantity, condition, etc. please report this the next day. We will be happy to assist you with any problem if there are any.
Important FFL Information
All Firearm orders will ship to an FFL Dealer for transfer to you. The process is easy but please review the info below carefully to avoid any confusion.
Some common examples of an FFL dealer are gun stores, gunsmiths, pawnshops and shooting ranges. You may look these up in the yellow pages or use our FFL locator’s link.
Most FFL’s will charge a transfer fee usually between $25-$50. This is because they aren’t making the sale but have to invest time into your purchase. This is a courtesy they are performing for you the buyer.
The FFL will do the background check and then transfer the item out of their controlled stock over to your ownership. You will need to verify with the FFL that the item you are buying is legal for you to own and should discuss this with them when asking to do the transfer for you.
NOTE: The person listed as paying for the item on the order must be the person picking up the firearm and filling out the 4473 Form at the FFL dealer. It is illegal to pay for the firearm under one name & have it shipped for another; this is called a “straw purchase” and is a Federal offense.
We have an extensive list of dealers already on file and you are welcome to choose one. Or you can locate and use your own, however, please make sure that you have spoken with the FFL and agreed that they will handle the transfer for you BEFORE YOU ORDER.
We are not affiliated with nor endorsing any FFL Dealers, we only provide this list of dealers that we have shipped to in the past.
If you do not contact the dealer in advance and the gun is returned to Zenith because of issues with the dealer, you will be charged the $20 restocking fee. Make prior arrangements.
Due to privacy rules we can not post FFL Dealer phone numbers, however you can usually find this information online or in your local phone directory.
ANOTHER IMPORTATN NOTE: We must have the dealer write your name and order number on the fax or email with the FFL, this allows us to know who & what the FFL is for, if we do not get this we cannot process the order.
We need to receive the FFL for your order within 5 days of order completion. After 10 days if we have not received the FFL from the transfer dealer your order will be cancelled and you will be charged a $20 restocking fee.
- Buyer assumes all liability and responsibility for the operational condition, actual use and storage of the firearm purchased.
- Buyer certifies by purchasing a firearm from Zenith Firearms that he or she is legally qualified to purchase and own the firearm and that there are no state or local laws preventing ownership.
- Buyer understands that all firearms are potentially dangerous if handled improperly and owner agrees he or she will oversee and ensure no children or mentally ill person can gain access to this firearm and will utilize a trigger lock while stored.
- As it is a matter of record that Zenith Firearms has no established testing facility, Zenith Firearms assumes no liability for the testing or safe functioning of any firearm sold.
- Buyer must be at least 18-21 years of age to purchase any firearm (please check with your FFL on age requirements in your state).
- Buyer agrees to read, understand and practices the firearms safety rules posted on the website and in the user manual.